Monday, January 7, 2013

Motivation Monday: The List


I have always been a fan of lists. Grocery lists, to-do lists, resolutions. Every Friday, I create a color-coded list for work. I'm not kidding - it's a bit OCD to say the least but it helps me manage my time and ensure I do not drop the ball on any of my projects or volunteers.

When it comes to New Year's resolutions, it's no different. I eagerly type out my goals on New Year's Eve. This year, I plan to print, frame and display in my office (thanks for that idea, Cupcakes and Cashmere!). I love the concept that with each January 1 you get to start over and improve...well, you. It's the idea of a tabula rasa: blank slate. Oooh, look at me using big words. Hehe!

Some of my goals are vapid, like eat healthy or lose 10 pounds. But others I put a lot of thought into. Here are a few:
  1. Start blog. Check!
  2. Read one personal book per month. I read a TON of young adult literature for work but tend to neglect my "adult" reading.
  3. Cook a meal from Pinterest a week
  4. Explore something new in San Diego or surrounding area once a month
  5. Find positive traits in everyone and everything
  6. Think of something that makes you happy each day
  7. Take photography classes*. CHECK! Just signed up.
  8. Take Italian
What are some of your goals for 2013?

*San Diegans. Thinking of taking some classes? The San Diego Continuing Education offers a variety of community classes and job certificates. I just signed up for two FREE photography and Photoshop classes. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment