Friday, February 1, 2013

Fieldtrip Friday: A Downtown Birthday

One of my dearest friends, Kat turned 30, which is definitely a reason to celebrate. So, we arranged to go downtown San Diego.
First stop: Bar Basic. Basic is located in East Village and is a converted 1912 warehouse, with exposed brick and an industrial feel. There is great food, drink and a casual vibe. This is definitely a place to check out.
Next adventure: Ivy Rooftop at Andaz. Ivy is a rooftop bar that is a bit more high class. While the view is spectacular, the drinks are overpriced and the vibe is not my style. My husband and I stayed at the Andaz hotel for an anniversary a few years back. We did enjoy our visit but we avoided the overpriced, club environment. Not our taste.
Last venue: Double Deuce. This was a fun stop. It was a country bar with inexpensive drinks and a mechanical bull. Now, the question you are waiting to ask - did you ride the bull? Um, yes. But please note I would never ride this for anyone else but for Kat. I must proclaim, however, while I did ride the bull I did it with a SNL/Molly Shannon flare (think Sally O'Mally, "I'm 50 years old" sketch). Video to share soon. In the meantime, here is a snapshot of Kat riding the bull on her birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I feel so honored that you made a page about my bday. Though the overalls weren't too flattering, I'd say the night was a big success! Thanks for helping with the planning, and riding a bull for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a ton of fun!! Love you, Kat!

    ReplyDelete