Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's New Wednesday: An Apartment Spruce

Nick and I have been on a mad search for a new place for almost six-months, but we cannot seem to find what we want: cheap stand-alone house; near beach/bay; with two bedrooms and two bathrooms; and two-car garage. I mean, come on! We are not asking for too much, right?! Well, maybe. But we are not giving up. 

But while we continue this search, I wanted to spruce up our current space by adding little touches. Here are my tricks!

Add plants!! Nick and I have over 30 plants in our home. Overkill? Yes. But we love the life it brings our small space.
Add fun, purposeful trinkets. We found this sponge holder at World Market. I love how cute it looks displayed in our kitchen.
Create a bar. Nick found a metal shelving unit in the alleyway, reshaped it, sanded it down and painted a fun orange to add more color to our home. Note the decantars and re-purposed plant holders.  
Invest in flowers each week. Trader Joes has inexpensive flowers. I'm into sunflowers these days and pick up a bundle ($3.99) each time I get my groceries. 
Add new, decorative pillows. I purchased these pillows on sale at World Market.
Display your art! We have framed a number of Nick's art on our wall. I'm not a fan of posting photographs of family, friends or us (fascist!!) on the walls but this is a great way to personalize your home. 

Shop garage sales, farmer's market or swap meets. Nick and I like to go to the Kobey's Swap meet on the weekends. We picked up these pieces there! It's creates a beach, bungalow feel.
And here are other ways to spruce up your home. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment