Friday, May 10, 2013

Fieldtrip Friday: Mother's Day

To all those moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!

This weekend, my husband and I will celebrate his mom by taking her on a picnic at Kate Sessions Park, a beautiful location overlooking the San Diego bay and beaches. We are excited to enjoy some sun, yummy food and time together.

To be honest, Mother's Day has been something that has haunted me since my mother's passing in 2002. I dreaded the commercials, campaigns at grocery stores, and cards all reminding me of what I lost. But as my heart has healed, I can appreciate this special day again and remember the amazing, beautiful memories I had with my mom.

How do you plan to celebrate mother's day? Here are some suggestions if you are looking for inspiration:
  • If you are not local, plan a surprise trip to see your mom! But this of course needs to be planned in advance. =)
  • If the aforementioned is not within your budget, wish your mom a Happy Mother's Day via Skype.
  • Send tulips, sunflowers or daisies
  • Take your mom (or M.I.L.) on a picnic!
  • If you have siblings, do a photo shoot and assemble a scrapbook for your mom. Or, a digital picture frame.
  • Make her breakfast! Or lunch, or dinner, or dessert.
  • Go for a Sunday drive and be spontaneous! Stop by random places you wouldn't normally venture to, and just embrace the day.
  • Take a hike
  • Take your mom shopping
  • Send a handmade card
This post is dedicated to my hero, teacher and mother, Beryl J. Green (8.7.1953-9.17.2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment