Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Repurpose Winter

Okay, it's getting hot and maybe not appropriate for scarves, blazers, chambray shirts, sweaters and pants. But don't store your winter clothes just yet. Find ways to integrate them into the warmer months. Personally, I like variety so looking at my closet in terms of seasons is limiting (for me). I like to find ways to make my favorite winter items work.
Keep the scarf! Lighter winter scarves can add sophistication to spring wardrobe. Let it hang free, whip together an elegantly draped loop, or create an artful head wrap.
Don’t pack up the sweaters quite yet! For those in-between days, pairing a slouchy sweater with a youthful skirt/short in a perky color or print is an unusual and fun way to usher in spring style. 
Cuff your pants. A subtle ode to spring/summer, a nonchalant cuff with a cute pair of heels, ballet flats or loafers is a charming and casual way to repurpose winter denims.

No comments:

Post a Comment