Tuesday, September 17, 2013

11 years...

Time sure flies. Today marks the 11th anniversary of my mother's passing. And with each year, I'm reminded of what an amazing person the world lost on September 17, 2002. While my heart aches when I think of that moment at 6:04pm on that very day, I relish in her memories and life lessons. My mom was the most thoughtful, giving, heartfelt, goofy, carefree, fun person in my life. I smile when I think of her - it's hard not to. She was my best friend, confidant and biggest supporter.

Here are my some life lessons I will carry with me forever...and hopefully pass on to my children. Love you mom!
  • Smile everyday...even if it is hard
  • Don't be ashamed of what you do, who you are or whom you love
  • Laugh. Incessantly. At everything.
  • Love unconditionally
  • Worry about everything, anything and everybody
  • To go get the "thing in the thing in the thing"
  • Be innocent sometimes and open to learning, understanding and being overwhelmed
  • Dress up - for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas; for any holiday or for any excuse
  • Apologize for the weather, even if it isn't your fault (lol!)
  • Clean, clean, clean...and then when things are clean, clean some more =)
  • Cherish your memories
Love you mom! Always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment