Friday, September 13, 2013

Feels Good Friday: Family-time

I rarely see my family as my older brother lives in Nevada; my dad lives in Florida and my little brother is still stationed in Tennessee. Since my mother's passing in 2002, we have been disconnected but regardless share a bond that is unbreakable. We might annoy each other - heck, drive each other crazy - but there is no denying that we love each other. My husband even comments that despite everything my family has overcome and endured, we have an innate ability to just reminisce about fond memories, laugh and joke around as if time, experiences and life have not passed.

Over the Labor Day weekend, Nick and I traveled the approximately nine hours to Twin Lakes to camp with my brother, Greg and my niece, nephew, and ex-sister-in-law. Despite the travel, distance and smoke from the rim fire, it was such a needed vacation to spend with some of my family. I left feeling full and refreshed.

Want to see some photos? Here you go!
Want to learn more about Twin Lakes? Check it out! And here is the beloved campsite my family has spent many summers, Annett's Mono Village.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment