Monday, September 9, 2013

Motivation Monday: Top 10

I'm back! From my camping trip, to the unbearable heat, to a super busy schedule, I had little time to dedicate to the blog. But taking a week off was a needed break and an excuse to be re-energized.

Friends and family often ask why I created this blog - to be honest, it's merely to keep me accountable. This forum challenges me to be positive and motivates me to try new things.

So I thought I would focus today on the top 10 strategies for motivation (as Mondays are about motivation). Here you go!
  1. Set goals. Be sure they are realistic and achievable.
  2. Establish a reward system for progress made toward your goals.
  3. Expect set-backs and when they happen, re-direct and renew your energy toward your goals. Don’t give up.
  4. Use the power of positive thinking and believe in yourself.
  5. Tell others what you are trying to accomplish and seek support from loved ones.
  6. Learn to say no to options and distractions that deter you from your goal. Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
  7. Establish routine and regular exercise; meditation, a run or yoga, even if it is only 15 minutes a day to start. This will help you to cultivate discipline.
  8. Use positive imagery to help you achieve your goals. Imagine yourself as you will be and feel when your goal is achieved.
  9. Spend time reflecting about what has stopped you from achieving your goals in the past.
  10. Practice extreme self care. Good health is essential to positive thinking and feeling, which will take you a long way toward achieving your goals.
    I like Marley's expression here -  he looks motivated

No comments:

Post a Comment