Monday, November 18, 2013

Motivation Monday: Love

This week is all about my love, best friend and teammate for life - my husband. Going on 10-years together, Nick has been my constant - supporting me through tough decisions, career moves, business ventures, family emergencies, financial struggles, friendship issues, and life challenges. He is the first person I go to when I'm I want to share good news; or need to complain about something (or someone); or share a laugh.

And because I love this man THAT much, I wanted to make his upcoming birthday special. So beyond purchasing tickets to watch the Chicago Blackhawks play in Phoenix Thanksgiving weekend, I created 22 coupons (as his birthday falls on the 22nd and that happens to be his favorite number) - the coupons range from "one free car wash" to "breakfast in bed" to "massage" to "a night of TV shows of your choice." To my surprise, he has really enjoyed redeeming his coupons - finding ways to scam the system. I guess this shouldn't surprise me. =) But this has been a fun, personal way to celebrate his birthday throughout the course of the month.

Here is a particular coupon I enjoyed fulfilling: "fridge full of beer". Check it out!
At any rate, I decided to make LOVE my motivation post today because love is a motivator. Whether it's love for your spouse, friend, family member, pet or coworker. Love is a very powerful emotion - arguably the most impactful in our lives. But remember, love isn't selfish - it isn't how it makes you feel. To love someone is to love without conditions or expectations. In fact, when I think of love, I'm  often reminded of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - this verse has been instilled in my memory from my time as a Sunday School teacher and as a sorority member:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

So, love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment