Sunday, December 22, 2013

Motivation Monday: 'Tis the Reason

The reason for the season takes a number of shapes for different people. For some, the reason is a religious overtone. Others, it's the sentiment of giving. And for the unfortunate souls, it's the focus on the commercialization of Christmas.

In a time at which stating "Merry Christmas" is considered inappropriate, shoppers are fighting one another to score the best deal, and children are seemingly more concerned about what's under the tree, it's crucial to step back and recognize what Christmas means to you.

For me, it's about tradition, remembrance and love. While I gain extreme satisfaction gifting for family, friends, coworkers and neighbors, that is not my primary focus during the holidays. I relish in culture surrounding Christmas - from tree ornaments that encompass so much meaning to family recipes made each year to sharing new traditions with my husband. It's important for me to be able to review the positives from the year, reflect on the challenges and remember those that I have lost. Moreover, I love to incorporate fun customs such as my annual trip to Christmas Card Lane; obligatory list of Christmas movies, such as Christmas Vacation, Elf and White Christmas; traditional Christmas breakfast with morning coffee in my adorable Christmas mugs; and finally reading books from my personal queue.

If you celebrate Christmas, what is your reason for the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment