Sunday, June 8, 2014

A year later...

June 8, 2013
Last June 8, we excitedly had Leroy over for a BBQ - just the three of us. We had such a lovely time, talking about life, his upcoming adventures across the states and fond memories with one another. Despite our good time, I had a strange feeling...even stating to Nick as we watched Leroy leave in his white Mustang, "what if that was the last time I see him?" It's interesting how intuitive we can be, as long as we are willing to listen.

Well, that was the last time I saw Leroy as he passed away a month later on his cross-country trip to see his 'grand-daughter' marry.

But a year later, I'm not sad. In fact, when I think of Leroy I smile. In my life for a short nine-years, he taught me more than I could ever imagine. And as part of this post I was going to list out those said lessons (as you know I love lists!) but that just seems to cheapen the wisdom he bestowed. If you were lucky enough to know Leroy, you would understand.

So, instead I employ each of you to raise a glass of Johnny Walker, look up to the sky and thank those that have left imprints in our hearts and minds.

Love you, Leroy! Hope you are still skydiving up in the heavens...and throwing potatoes at anyone disrespecting your wife. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment