Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What's New Wednesday: Mid-week

Have the hump-day blues? Long week? Feeling low energy? Well, try these tips to motivate you to end your work week on a high note.
  1. Mini make-over. Today ended negatively and thus I felt drab. So, I decided to give myself a lift - trimmed my eyebrows, massaged varicose vein cream on my legs, and whitened my teeth with trays. While superficial, I immediately felt more control of my life.
  2. Exercise. A few sprints and just a 15-minute run did the trick!
  3. Cheat day. I've been on a healthy menu for the past three-weeks - limited alcohol, carbs and basically anything really satisfying. =) So, I decided to allow myself a glass of red and pretzel rods with Sprouts spinach dip for dinner. Cheating never tasted so good!
  4. Write. I've been toying with the idea of composing my family story; so, each day I write. It's extremely cathartic. Most likely it will just be for my eyes only - but the process of putting pen to paper is like shedding any negativity from past. 
What are your tricks to uplifting your mid-week? Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment