Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Miss you, buddy!

Today marks the anniversary Leroy reunited with his beautiful wife in the sky. Although I miss his goofy smile, smell of cloves, penchant for adventure, positive energy and sound advice, I'm at peace with his passing - because Leroy was always meant to be with Louise. And as I reflect on this day, I smile at the many memories Leroy, Nick and I shared. Here are just a few that have touched my soul...
  • Ziplining at the Safari Park
  • Eating our way through Claim Jumper
  • Laughing hysterically at Marley-isms
  • Making pizza together
  • Playing Yahtzee
  • Skydiving...twice! Well, just Leroy. We watched and celebrated!
  • Volunteering to process the donations at the Red Cross
  • Enjoying lunch at daughter Susie's
  • Checking out the new Monarch campus
  • Celebrating your birthday lunch at Studio Dinner
  • Stopping to watch the birds. And butterflies, cats, trees, flowers.
  • Eating In&Out in my car, discussing the meaning of life
  • Enjoying our first Christmas together
  • Reviewing court cases at the East County Courthouse
  • Our last lunch at the Califf Cottage
  • And of course, the first day we met each other at Meadowlark...
So many memories, so much love and so much fun! Thank you, buddy for your friendship - it truly has changed me. I will continue to carry your words and cherish your memories. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment