Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What's New Wednesday: An Anniversary Date

My husband and I will be celebrating our five-year wedding anniversary on St. Patrick's Day! We decided  to commemorate early by visiting the infamous and eccentric, Venice Beach. I'll highlight our trip on Friday but in the meantime I wanted to give a little shout out to a fun, Italian restaurant: C&O Cucina| Rat Pack Lounge.

Nestled in Marina Del Ray (adjacent to Venice Beach), C&O  is a family-style venue boasting an Italian-vibe.

Their garlic knots are to die for, which they provide in droves - giving them to you as you wait for your table in the Rat Pack Lounge.

The portions are large, and the food is good. Not the best Italian food I've eaten (but let's be honest, nothing is better than authentic Italian in Rome, Italy) but still yummy in my tummy. Below is my dish from last Saturday: Rigatoni with basil, Parmesan, tomato cream sauce and olive oil. A simple, yet satisfying dish.
 
But the best part of the evening is when the restaurant patrons, staff and cooks partook in a rendition of That's Amore! That was a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment