Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's New Wednesday: Town Council

One of my pet peeves are when people complain but don't do anything to improve {blank} situation. So in effort to walk-the-walk, I decided to join the Pacific Beach (PB) Town Council this past May. With just a commitment of $30/year and a meeting once a month, this is a simple way to give back to your community and make a difference. My goals are to create more opportunities for my neighbors to beautify our streets (e.g., beach clean-ups, graffiti removal, trash pick-up), plan more community building events (think PB Block Party), and be the voice of a younger generation. If you have concerns, issues and ideas in regards to your neighborhood, I encourage you to attend your local town council meetings!

*The PB Town Council meets the third Wednesday of the month from 6pm-8pm at the Pacific Beach Women's Club (1721 Hornblend Street, San Diego, CA 92109).

No comments:

Post a Comment