Monday, October 21, 2013

Motivation Monday: Fall List

I'm back; sorry for being flighty. I haven't been inspired to post, and my time seems to always be filled with adult-like responsibilities. But I promise to make more of a commitment to my blog - sharing some tips and bits.

Today? Well, rather tonight. (Hehe) It's about a fall goal list. Just like my summer list, this provides some fun, motivating things to accomplish this fall.

And as San Diego has failed to provide my fall, crisp weather as of late I will just have to entertain some fall-like traditions to get in the spirit.

So, here it goes!

Fall Goal #1: Pumpkin Painting: Living close to the beach has posed some moldy issues with pumpkin carving. My solution? Pumpkin painting! My coworkers are coming over for a little Halloween spooktacular later this week. On the agenda is some good ol' pumpkin painting. Pictures to follow soon!

Fall Goal #2: Apple Picking: Growing up in Northern Nevada, my family and I made the annual (obligatory) trip to Placerville's Apple Hill. With festivals, apple cider, apple pie, apple picking and events this place holds a special place in my heart. While I would love to make a trip, the likelihood of traveling 8/9 hours is slim. So, I have Julian, CA a mere 45-minutes away! Check out the apple picking opportunities available!

Fall Goal #3: Fall Gardening: Fall gardening is said to be easier to flourish which is great news as the hubby and I just planted broccoli, snap peas, rosemary and lettuce. Check out some tips for fall-time gardening!

Fall Goal #4: Volunteering: Sign up at your local Feeding America or food bank now to prepare for the busy holiday season!

Have a great fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment