Friday, March 14, 2014

Fun Thing Friday

In effort to see the world from a different perspective, I have been taking pictures of things that make me happy. So, I decided to change up Fridays to "Fun Thing Friday" showcasing what has made me smile.

So, here it goes!

Thing 1. A new perspective. Today I organized a Time/Stress Management Workshop for my scholarship recipients, The facilitator, Mona had wonderful tips, suggestions and applicable methods to improve your daily life. One thing that really stuck with me is a simple formula: E(event) + R(response) = O(outcome) which refers to the fact your only control is your response to an event.
Thing 2: Grandpa's Banjo. After my brother's passing, we collected some family heirlooms to safely keep for my father. One of these items is the banjo of my late Grandpa Green - the 5'2" horse jockey spitfire my spirit most resembles. Today, my husband decided to re-string so we can learn how to play! Check it out.

Thing 3: Flowers. It's springtime in San Diego, and with the help of mother nature and some caring people in my life, I'm surrounded by beauty.

Thing 4: Budding Garden. After a strange winter, we finally replanted our garden with peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, hot peppers, jalapenos and mint.
Thing 5: An anniversary. My husband and I celebrate 10 years together this Saint Patrick's Day. We said no gifts. So, my husband surprised me with a game I have been wanting to own as well as a sweet necklace in honor of our big day. I surprised him too - a golf trip with his brother. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment