Monday, March 17, 2014

10 years!


The Beginning, March 2004
Today marks 10 years with my best friend, love and life partner, Nick. Time sure flies by with a blink of an eye...

At the ripe age of 22 whilst sleeping from couch to couch and living out of my vehicle, I met Nick on a random day in Pacific Beach, San Diego. A day of which I decided to buy and sport a Chicago Cubs hat to my friend Amber's dinner party. Nick, a blue-eyed young hooligan who only wore sweats (hmm...weird) decided to ask sarcastically if I knew what the "C" meant on my hat. With a snippy quip, I responded, "Chrissy bitch." Nick was in love.

Fast forward, we are now in our thirties navigating our careers, balancing family, paying bills, maintaining our home and relishing our faded youth. I honestly can say I'm the happiest I've been in years. Despite challenges, family losses, financial struggles, and disagreements, we have overcome and thus are a stronger unit.
Then, March 17, 2008
Because of our journey, Saint Patrick's Day is now a special holiday for me. I smile when I think about our wedding six years ago on that beautifully sublime seven-mile beach in Negril, Jamaica - the faint sound of this song playing in the background. It was the best day of my life!

And now, we are still the silly, goofy, child-like couple that laughs, cries and supports each other. Love you, Nicky-poo!
Now, March 15, 2014

1 comment:

  1. ***Correction*** Nick only wore "track pants" not sweat pants. Same, same in my book, however. =)

    ReplyDelete