Monday, September 8, 2014

Motivation Monday: Busy, busy bee!

Seems like everyone I know is swamped with obligations, an overwhelming work load, family responsibilities and/or social activities. A group that once gathered for impromptu game nights or happy hours is now forced to plan weeks in advance to ensure time together. I guess that means we are growing up...

With that said, I'm personally seeking more simplicity in my life and thus more time for those I care about - whether it be a phone date, girl's night out or a hike, my goal is to be more accessible to my family, friends and...well, me!

The "list" is what monopolizes my thoughts daily - errands, household chores, exercise, work checklist, etc. It's almost maddening. In fact, while in a Barre Body class last week, I spent the entire hour reviewing the number of things I needed to accomplish by the end of the day as I perfunctorily went through my workout. Instead of taking advantage of an hour for myself, I was distracted by the "list" sacrificing the moment...and this is my chronic issue.

So, in effort to be more present, mindful and positive, my hope is to employ easy, tangible ways to stop, breathe and just enjoy life. The laundry, litter box and incessant yard work will get done in due time.

Here are some of goals I plan to implement:
  • Only designate a couple days a week to yard work, laundry and the house
  • Schedule more friend activities - a evening walk, dinner, game night, etc.
  • Allow myself down time to rest on the couch, read or just be still
Here's to a more calm, soothing life!

No comments:

Post a Comment