Monday, September 15, 2014

Motivation Monday: Cleanse

I'm not a fan of the juice cleanse, Paleo diet, nor 'sober' September - ridding myself simple pleasures such as carbs, fat, sugar or wine isn't appealing to me. Nor is it effective. Two days in and the aforementioned is ALL I crave with risk of becoming 'hangry' while overindulging and thus wallowing in guilt.

So instead of avoiding bad yet delicious things all together, each week I'm challenging myself - Monday through Friday - by removing a guilty food/drink from the menu.

This week? It's wine. I know, I know. Sounds easy for most but with my stressful work weeks and loss of many friends and family in 2014, I have enjoyed a glass of red during dinner. Or two. Almost daily! So in effort to be a healthier version of myself, I'm going to cease the glass of wine this week. Next week? Bread.

I encourage you to do the same! But don't over-do it - just pick one vice to remove from your diet each week. Maybe it's carbs for breakfast. Or, soda. Maybe coffee. But focusing on one item will not only make your goal more tangible but more attainable. And an awesome side effect? Your pants will fit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment