Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Camp Chic

Growing up camping was a way of life, entertainment and fun for my family and me - we camped throughout the summers, enjoying traditional campfire food, nature and water. Our favorite spot is Mono Village, Twin Lakes - just outside of Bridgeport, CA. And last Labor Day Weekend I was able to spend a very special trip with my late brother, Greg and his family - great memories!

Since moving to San Diego, however, I haven't been inspired to camp as often - blame it on my newly found high maintenance self. Or, the fact that the type of camping I enjoy - a site surrounded by pine trees, bears and lakes - is a five plus hour drive away. And desert camping doesn't appeal to me.

Enter this weekend! My friend Toni is celebrating 30 in style - camping on the beach! Just a little over an hour away from home, we will be embracing all things camping with a side of sand, ocean and breeze! I'm so excited - making packing lists, establishing our menu and of course, picking out my outfits. Well, not really the latter but I thought it would be fun to incorporate camp attire in this week's Thrifty Thursday. Check out some outfit options below!
And check out our campsite! We will be at the San Onofre Bluffs group sites, near the Basilone exit, Camp Pendleton. 
Happy camping and BIRTHDAY to Toni!

No comments:

Post a Comment