Wednesday, June 3, 2015

What's New Wednesday: Project Wildlife

Recently, the hubby and I found an abandoned, injured baby rabbit in our yard. Fortunately, we were able to capture and safely transport "her" to the amazing non-profit, Project Wildlife.

The mission of Project Wildlife is to improve the quality of life for local wildlife and the community as the primary resource for animal rehabilitation and conservation education. [Source, website]

Well, they did just that! I received an email from the Director of Wildlife Rehabilitation, Trish Jackman who alerted me that "my patient" was nursed back to health and sent on its way to be rehabilitated into the wild!

Needless to say, I was ecstatic that Petunia - I named her Petunia in the short time I knew her, by the way - was healthy again. AND, that Project Wildlife took the time to alert me. HUGE!

Because of this, I immediately donated to their cause.Why? Because their mission became personal - I was able to tangibly see the difference their efforts make in our community first-hand. That's powerful!

Thank you, Project Wildlife! Thanks for saving little Petunia's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment